Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
At Vida, we help people get better — and we’re helping the healthcare system get better, too.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs through a network of experienced health care providers — like dietitians, therapists, and health coaches and leading medical institutions — coupled with an easy-to-use app with award-winning content.
We focus on chronic conditions — like diabetes, depression, and hypertension — which account for 80% of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare in the US.
By combining advanced technology with the top-notch healthcare providers, Vida is breaking down the barriers that have historically kept people from getting the best care. Vida’s cloud-based platform captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps and delivers AI-driven insights back to employers, health plans, and providers to improve care. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to enable their employees to live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
Vida Dietitian is responsible for providing virtual Medical Nutrition Therapy and Diabetes Self Management Education to support impactful, lasting behavior change. Dietitians provide nutrition counseling and education to individuals and groups to improve health and wellness outcomes.
Vida Dietitians are highly trained, professional experts in food and nutrition who are licensed by the state in which they practice. Vida Dietitians work within Vida’s guidelines, Scope of Practice, HIPAA, PHI, Industry Standards,
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage a panel of clients seeking to prevent or manage chronic cardiometabolic conditions.
- Communicate with clients through video calls, telephone and electronic messaging.
- Maintain proficiency in the Diabetes Self Management Education and Medical Nutrition Therapy.
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing Techniques to support behavior change.
- Collaboratively partner with other providers in the coordinated care team to provide appropriate care and a best-in-class member experience.
- Given the sensitive nature of health information, maintain strict confidentiality at all times, and diligently follow HIPAA guidelines and processes to ensure protection of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Follow department policies and procedures.
- Stay up to date on Vida training requirements and communications.
- Meet or exceed provider-level quality metrics and efficiency benchmarks.
- Primary available work hours support business needs of calendar availability Monday through Friday between 8 AM to 8 PM in RD’s time zone and Saturday 8 AM to 12 PM.
- Appropriately document hours worked utilizing appropriate ADP pay codes.
- Perform according to Vida's QA and Compliance guidelines in order to provide a safe and consistent experience for Vida members.
- Document on Vida's provider platform/technology/templates, etc.
- Efficiently utilize cloud technology, such as Slack, Google Suite and Zoom.
- Vida reserves the right to reassign clients at any point and limit the termination period to meet the best practices.
- Limit scope of practice to Vida curriculum and clinical guidelines.
- Agree to abide by Vida policies and consents related to services provided to Vida members.
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree from an accredited university in dietetics or related field.
- Credentials of Registered Dietitian through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Commission on Dietetic Registration only.
- State licensure as a Dietitian as applicable.
- 3 years in a clinical or community setting.
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist a plus.
- Obesity and Weight Management Certification a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.