Licensed Psychologist - Psypact Certified
Birmingham, AL, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2021
At Vida, we help people get better — and we’re helping the healthcare system get better, too.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs through a network of experienced health care providers — like dietitians, therapists, and health coaches and leading medical institutions — coupled with an easy-to-use app with award-winning content.
We focus on chronic conditions — like diabetes, depression, and hypertension — which account for 80% of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare in the US.
By combining advanced technology with the top-notch healthcare providers, Vida is breaking down the barriers that have historically kept people from getting the best care. Vida’s cloud-based platform captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps and delivers AI-driven insights back to employers, health plans, and providers to improve care. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to enable their employees to live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
Through our mobile-first platform, coaches and therapists meet one-on-one with clients using video chat and messaging. Coaches and therapists also provide clients with evidence-based clinical programs and self-management tools. By collecting real-time data from the client and their devices, Vida is able to help them manage their progress over time and provide proactive guidance when needed.
We are currently seeking Licensed Psychologists who possess a Psypact designation and a E-Passport Certificate in the State in which the Psychologist resides. The provider will help our clients better manage their anxiety and depression, use evidence-based approaches, maintain a strong focus on outcomes, and learn from a community of like-minded professionals.
- Manage a panel of at least 15+ clients seeking to improve their emotional health using motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy, and behavioral activation
- Set up weekly appointments with clients and maintain regular contact with them using Vida’s in-app video calls and messaging
- Message members, at minimum, 1x/week to encourage lesson completion and thought logging
- Develop treatment plans with clearly outlined SMART goals that help set objective measures that lead to meaningful outcomes
- Utilize Vida’s integrated Cognitive Behavioral Therapy content to provide psychoeducation on CBT skills, including but not limited to, thought logging, cognitive restructuring/reframing and behavioral activation
- Diligently track your clients’ progress and serve as an accountability partner
- Set goals/trackers/habits in the Vida app to encourage member accountability and facilitate daily reminders that help them achieve their goals
- Engage in discharge planning upon conclusion of therapy program by providing case management services, external referrals and coordination with other providers
- Respond to crisis situations by following established protocols and developing safety plans with clients. Additionally, continually assessing for program eligibility and providing referrals, when needed, for follow-up intervention services.
- Effectively communicate with Lead to address client concerns, limitations, treatment progress and other concerns. Report any concerns regarding clinical performance and inability to meet expectations to Lead immediately.
- Collaborate with registered dietitians/coaches to apply an integrated care model to client treatment plans to enhance progress and treatment outcomes
- Maintain records of interactions with clients in keeping with legal standards and adhere to established standards of documentation quality
- Submit documentation within 24 hours of any session (this includes session documentation, wellness plans, communication with other providers). Additionally, submit documentation within 24 hours related to any cancellation or no show by provider or member.
- Comply with National Standards of Care set forth by state licensing boards where therapist is licensed
- Comply with federal, state and HIPAA regulations, as it relates to medical records and information privacy
- Attend and actively participate in 1:1 meetings with Lead, staff meetings and weekly supervision
- Complete all in-service trainings in a timely manner
- Psypact Designation and a E-Passport Certificate in the State in which the Psychologist resides (Home State)
- Doctoral or Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy or other relevant field
- Licensed Psychologist to practice therapy in good standing
- Experience in cognitive behavior therapy and other evidence-based therapeutic models
- Experience in mindfulness techniques
- Interest in incorporating technology solutions into client care
- Interest in and knowledge of current research and evidence-based clinical practices for depression and anxiety
- Familiarity with technology solutions including video therapy, mobile apps, cloud-based apps (Google Suite, Single Sign-On, Slack)
- Experience working in a virtual telehealth environment
- 3+ years’ experience working with psychotherapy patients
- Knowledge of techniques such as motivational interviewing, SMART goal setting, assessing client readiness to change
- Bilingual candidates who are fluent English/Spanish communicators
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.