Associate Product Designer
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
At Vida, we help people get better — and we’re helping the healthcare system get better, too.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs through a network of experienced health care providers — like dietitians, therapists, and health coaches and leading medical institutions — coupled with an easy-to-use app with award-winning content.
We focus on chronic conditions — like diabetes, depression, and hypertension — which account for 80% of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare in the US.
By combining advanced technology with the top-notch healthcare providers, Vida is breaking down the barriers that have historically kept people from getting the best care. Vida’s cloud-based platform captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps and delivers AI-driven insights back to employers, health plans, and providers to improve care. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to enable their employees to live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Associate Product Designer at Vida Health, you'll have the chance to collaborate on exciting projects that leverage technologies such as video, voice, AI/ML, large language models, and computer vision to enhance healthcare delivery and improve patient outcomes. Playing a pivotal role in our design team, you’ll be responsible for conducting user research and leveraging data to design intuitive user experiences that seamlessly incorporate these technologies.
Our designers are adept storytellers, active listeners, technology enthusiasts, and highly skilled in their craft. Collaborating closely with company leadership, engineering, data science, and clinical teams our design team has a direct impact on product roadmaps and strategies aimed at transforming healthcare. Both our team and company are small enough that you'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact, while big enough to learn and grow your career alongside your peers at a mid-stage, high-growth startup.
Overall, this is an exciting opportunity for an Associate Product Designer with a passion for design, technology, and healthcare to work on cutting-edge projects and make a meaningful impact on the lives of patients and healthcare professionals.
- Support and collaborate on product design initiatives, design system improvements, and user research initiatives
- Facilitate user research efforts with PMs and Senior Designers
- Gather and analyze user feedback to improve the user experience across platforms
- Clearly communicate user research, design concepts, and decisions to key stakeholders
- Design wireframes, high-fidelity designs, and prototypes that align with our design system and principles
- Collaborate with developers and other designers to ensure designs are implemented accurately and consistently
- Understand and contribute to design systems, documentation, user research guidelines, and other established processes
- Advocate for the user throughout the product development process and ensure that user needs are considered in all decisions
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies
- BS/BA degree in a related field, equivalent years of experience, and/or top UX programs
- 1+ years of experience designing and shipping applications for mobile and/or web
- Strong portfolio showcasing experience in user research, user experience design, interaction design, and design systems
- Proficient in Figma, with experience working with design systems and libraries
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with software engineering and agile development practices/processes
- Ability to understand complex systems and data to derive actionable insights
- Work remotely, independently, and in a team environment while managing time effectively
- Adjust to ambiguity and change during a project
- A passion for designing transformational products and experiences
If you are a motivated self-starter who is passionate about using your product design skills to make a positive impact on people's lives, then we encourage you to apply for this opportunity at Vida Health.
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.
See more open positions at Vida
Something looks off?