ZoomCar - Lead DevOps Engineer - AWS/Linux Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Sunday, November 5, 2023
- Troubleshoot and fix production outages and performance issues in our AWS/Linux infrastructure stack.
- Build automation tools for provisioning and managing our cloud infrastructure by leveraging the AWS API for EC2 S3 CloudFront, RDS, and Route53 amongst others.
- Contribute to enhancing and managing our continuous delivery pipeline(Jenkins).
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve monitoring and alerting of our hosts and services, and implement them in a timely fashion.
- Code scripts and tools to collect and visualize metrics from Linux hosts and JVM applications.
- Enhance and maintain our logs collection, processing, and visualization infrastructure.
- Automate systems configuration by writing policies and modules for configuration management tools.
- Write both frontend (HTML/CSS/js) and backend code (Python, Ruby).
- In-depth Linux/Unix knowledge, and a good understanding of the various Linux kernel subsystems (memory, storage, network, etc).
- DNS, TCP/IP, Routing, HA, and Load Balancing.
- Configuration management using tools like Chef.
- SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Build and packaging tools like Jenkins and apt.
- HA and Load balancing using tools like the Elastic Load Balancer and HAProxy.
- Monitoring tools like Nagios, NewRelic, and MonitLog management tools like ELK.
- Metrics collection tools like Graphite or similar programming in a high-level language like Python or Ruby.
- Experience with a JVM language is a plus.