ZoomCar - Software Engineer/Senior Engineer - Data Engineering
Software Engineering, Data Science
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Sunday, November 5, 2023
- Engage with stakeholders to gather requirements to deliver data solutions.
- Implement best practices around the data platform to automate the ingestion, transformation, and augmentation of data sources, and provide best practices for pipeline operations.
- Innovate at the optimal storage guidelines around transactional, clickstream & IoT data.
- Provide advice and ideas for technical solutions and improvements to data systems.
- Manage a team of high-performance data engineers. Perform regular performance evaluations and share and seek feedback.
- Create and maintain clear documentation on data models/schemas as well as infra-level processes.
- Help troubleshoot and remediate data quality issues raised by pipeline alerts or downstream consumers.
- 3 plus years of hands-on experience in Data Warehouse space - that involves dimension modeling and SQL-based (expert level) data transformation and analytics.
- Hands-on experience in Big Data space - that involves designing, developing, testing, and implementing data solutions using Apache NiFi, Kafka, Spark and other Big Data ecosystem tools.
- Expert in database technologies. OLTP, OLAP & MPP, alike.
- Expert-level exposure to AWS and most data/analytics services.
- Proven proficiency in programming languages like Java/Python.
- Strong engineering mindset to build resiliency/restart ability in all the Data Platform components.
- Exposure to Hortonworks solutions.
- Exposure to Tableau.
- Past experience working with high-energy startups.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of ownership.
- Ability to develop and organize high-quality documentation.