Product Management Lead
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
Zum, the leader in modern, sustainable, and tech-enabled student transportation, also now offers Zum Charter, transportation service that allows teachers, coaches, parents, event planners and others to book vehicles for school-related athletic and field trips, summer camps, sports trips, community and company events and tours, as well as other forms of short- and long-distance travel.
The Product Management Lead - Charter marketplace will be the product leader for Zum Charter. This highly visible and critical role will drive the product strategy, market fit and building an online marketplace comprising owned and 3rd party vehicles that will scale across all regions and markets Zum charter business operates in. The product leader will be responsible for both the customer experience and platform powering the online marketplace connecting customers and vehicle suppliers.
- Define product vision, market fit and strategy to build a category defining online marketplace experience that connects buyers and vehicle suppliers for charter trips.
- Develop a deep understanding of marketplace dynamics and customer needs through market research, enterprise sales support, and direct customer and supplier interactions
- Act as the general manager for the charter area by working closely with sales, marketing, finance, engineering, operations and others to ensure business and product goals are met.
- Increase customer adoption and build a seamless supplier onboarding to ensure demand & supply needs are met.
- Build products from the ground up by working backwards from customer needs, introducing product vision, roadmap, team OKRs and integrating usability testing & data analytics into the product process
- Own the quality of the product and have a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality to deliver best in class products
- Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome
- Drive execution against our product roadmap, working closely with engineering and design in an agile environment to define detailed requirements, make tradeoffs, and deliver timely and consistent innovations
- Scope, prioritize, and build critical internal products and external service integrations to enable the scaling of the business
- Collaborate and partner with various internal teams to get insight into operational workflows and processes, and identify opportunities to make them more efficient through product development
- Through teamwork, define and outline the goals and vision of a product with the development team from conceptualization to implementation.
- Has a builder and get stuff done mentality while working independently in an ambiguous and start up environment.
- 10+ years of demonstrated “hands-on” experience in building, leading, and scaling multiple products from grounds up end to end.
- Demonstrated 360o experience in managing all aspects of product development including some P&L and/or general management responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in building marketplace related platforms/products.
- Experience in building products that intersect with the Physical and Online world.
- Proven track record of building and shipping innovative products that customers love while challenging status quo, innovating and building for the future.
- Strong combination of product management with consumer and/or modern enterprise software companies or startups with marketplace dynamics
- Experience building/leading/developing/working with internal tools and integrating with third-party services to support business operations
- Strong analytical abilities, exceptional problem solving and communication skills
- Outcome-oriented. Articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Superb communication— excellent written and verbal communication skills making complex ideas understandable, crafting specs that are easy for multiple audiences to consume
- Able to clearly communicate technical requirements to engineers as well as business value to non-technical customers
- Detail oriented and results driven - you’re the owner of your product, you measure and achieve results, and you know your customers better than anyone else
- Collaborative team player who is confident yet humble, maintains a positive outlook, and always seeks to learn and grow
- Knowledge or interest in building products for Operations, Last Mile, Transportation a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree a plus
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role is $220k+
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.