Howard County, MD, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
- Provides overall Zūm SF operational leadership by directing safe transportation services, managing customer expectations to support the operating plan and overall business goals.
- Provides staff leadership by promoting and ensuring safe, efficient and effective operations.
- Sets performance expectations, coaches and counsels all direct reports in an effort to meet operational expectations; administers employee discipline as necessary.
- Establishes policy and procedures with General Manager and/or Corporate personnel.
- Oversees compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Represents Zūm SF with customer and stakeholder interactions.
- Develops thorough understanding of contracts and accompanying operational requirements.
- P&L responsibility.
- Manages expenditures in accord with company guidelines.
- Promotes Zūm culture with enthusiasm.
- Bachelor in Business Analytics or Business Management
- 5 years’ leadership experience required, with 3 years in ground transportation industry preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and group presentation skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.