Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
The Sales Administrator works as a part of Zūm’s Charter team. The Sales Admin will maintain a pipeline of inbound charter requests from established accounts, and work with our operations team to confirm fleet availability and secure the booking with the customers. The Sales Admin will own the entire booking process from initial quote to final booking and confirming yard assignments. The ideal candidate will have experience managing time-sensitive requests with high attention to detail and be comfortable communicating with multiple bus yards to service customers based in California and Washington.
This position is remote but we are looking for someone located in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, or Seattle.
- Managing inbound charter requests from established customers, predominantly through email, and occasionally via phone calls
- Providing support to multiple Account Executives who oversee customer accounts based in California and Washington
- Utilizing Google Suite to organize and manage communication-related to charter requests
- Learning to use the ZUM admin and charter website to facilitate the charter booking process
- Overseeing the entire process from initial quote generation to final booking of charters
- Collaborating effectively with multiple departments within the organization to ensure the smooth execution of charter services
- Maintaining a high level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy and quality of services
- Demonstrating a coachable attitude, always willing to learn and adapt to changing procedures and policies
- Being comfortable with handling a high volume of charter requests, even when the work may become monotonous
- 1-2+ years of administrative or sales support experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Google Suite, including Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn and use ZUM admin and charter website
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- An understanding of the charter and transportation industry is a plus but not required
- The ability to work effectively in a team and cross-collaborate with different departments
- A detail-oriented mindset, ensuring all charter requests are processed accurately
- A positive and coachable attitude, with the eagerness to adapt to changes and feedback
- Comfort with handling a high volume of charter requests and the potential for repetitive tasks
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role in US CA: $60-70k
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.