Senior Payroll Specialist (Temp)
Accounting & Finance
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
As a Senior Payroll Specialist, you will have the opportunity & expectation to make a large impact in an early-stage startup. The perfect payroll specialist is someone with a strongly positive and energetic attitude, who will add value to Zum, and help Zum grow as a company in return. Ideally, this candidate is someone with five or more years of work experience, where they have experience processing end-to-end payroll. This role will work closely with the current Sr. Payroll Specialist and be responsible for many types of reporting and analysis. This role is expected to be experienced using payroll-related software & will be expected to know how every function works across multiple software platforms.
- Payroll Processing for union and non-union employees (exempt & non-exempt)
- Process off-cycle payrolls as needed for discrepancies, bonuses, & terminations, etc.
- Ensure payroll is calculated in adherence to Union Policy
- Review payroll policies & procedures & implement improvements.
- Work cross-functionally with Finance, HR, and People departments
- Meet deadlines and multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Assist in month-end close, financial reporting, and audits
- Assist with benefits, 401k, and accrual reporting and reconciliations
- Complete employment verifications, garnishments, and EDD notices as needed
- Ad Hoc reporting/processing as needed
- 5+ years experience processing payroll end to end, California-specific knowledge a must
- Ability to multi-task and work in a time-sensitive, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Union experience is a plus
- Systems implementation experience is a plus
- Proficient in Office/G Suite, strong excel knowledge preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, accounting, or related field
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.