Lead Product Designer
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
As a Product Design Lead at Zūm, you will be involved in every aspect of the product design process, from generating new product innovations to shipping stellar product experiences. We’re looking for versatile and agile designers who lead by connecting dots between user insights, design patterns, and business goals.
What to expect in this role:
- Design product and service experiences that are intuitive and exceptionally well crafted.
- Own complex design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond.
- Take broad, complex workflow problems and transform them into simple, elegant design solutions for best-in-class mobile app and web experiences.
- Build out designs from low fidelity wireframes to high fidelity screens or prototypes.
- Partner and collaborate with UX research, designers, product managers, engineers and stakeholders to better understand the needs of our customers. Contribute to product roadmap and ship/measure/improve designs based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Partner closely with engineers to understand technology capabilities while building great user experiences and shipping high quality products.
- Identify, research, and drive new initiatives that enable user friendly experiences, across mobile and web platforms for a diverse audience that includes students, parents, district/school administrators, drivers and operations personnel.
- Set vision and strategy with product partners and persuasively communicate direction.
- Formalize, build and enhance design components and language to bolster our design system and ensure a cohesive, best-in-class experience.
- Opportunity to work across the entire suite of Zūm products, both functionally and technically.
Skills for this role:
- Passionate energy for great design and amplifying our team culture.
- 10+ years as a product designer (or equivalent experience) with B2C and B2B experience, leading high-impact initiatives from concept to launch.
- A versatile portfolio that showcases empathy-focused design interaction and problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to solve unstructured problems. Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse and multifaceted operations.
- Experience building products for Android, iOS, and web in the logistics/transportation industry.
- Experience building and enhancing component-based design systems at scale.
- Strong demonstration of visual craft and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills that excite stakeholders and articulate a vision.
- Ability to adapt quickly and work independently, with a propensity for driving issues and projects to closure.
- Success designing for diverse groups of people and products via consumer-grade enterprise mobile and web products.
- Expert level skills in Figma.
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.