Field Trip Driver *Training Provided*
Spokane, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
- Comply with all applicable federal and state regulations regarding the operation of various types of vehicles in transporting pupils to and from school, special events, field trips, etc.
- Conducts vehicle inspections as required by all applicable federal, state, local regulations and in accordance with Company procedures. Does not operate an unsafe vehicle and reports mechanical malfunctions to the appropriate Maintenance Shop personnel.
- Reports to duty on time and operates vehicles on an assigned route as directed.
- Maintains scheduled field trip to established time and mileage or notifies supervision of changes and/or delays.
- Maintains, reads and understands route sheets including time changes and provides on-time route performance in a safe and effective manner.
- Exercises student management through communication and discipline per Company policy and maintains control of student passengers at all times to ensure safe operation of vehicle.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, all valid applicable state licenses and other required certifications to operate company vehicles.
- Must meet physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety-sensitive employee, will be subject to random substance abuse screening under Company policy
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions.
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.