United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
We are seeking an experienced, innovative, data oriented self-starter to join the Zum Operations team as our Fleet Manager. Your main focus will be expanding and managing Zum's nationwide Fleet. You will be responsible for managing and monitoring Zum’s Bus & small vehicle Fleets across multiple states. It is a highly creative role where you need to be both strategic and extremely hands-on to get the job done. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities with a keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The role is an individual contributor that works cross functionally with our local operations teams as well as our team at Zum HQ. You will report to the Director of Procurement.
- Managing and overseeing Zum nationwide fleet of 2,000+ vehicles, enforcing appropriate fleet policies
- Support purchasing of vehicles to expand and/or enhance the fleet while maintaining and cultivating long-term relationships with Fleet partners
- Forecasting vehicle deliveries and reporting out production schedules
- Assisting with vehicle licensure and registration and ensuring compliance of the company with government regulations that have to do with the transportation industry
- Managing and overseeing Zum maintenance and repair function, enforcing appropriate maintenance and repair policies
- Ensure the company is in compliance with all vehicle maintenance and repair regulations
- Supports, monitors and oversees Location Shop Operations
- Forecasting and reporting out to multiple Zum stakeholders
- Coordinating and/or scheduling regular maintenance on all vehicles
- Developing methods to decrease repair cost and improve operational efficiency
- Oversee warranty management with Dealers and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Source and negotiate with parts and supply vendors nationwide
- Creating, refining, enhancing, and rolling out of processes and procedures relating to vehicle operational readiness
- Ensure the company is in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation
- Conduct fleet and procurement research to ensure Zum’s fleet stays state of the art
- A bachelor's degree in business, logistics or supply chain management or equivalent work experience and a minimum of five years (5) in fleet management or similar role
- Dedicated Fleet and logistics experience required
- Successful experience working with internal and external stakeholders, including vendor partners
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, solid analytical skills and a consistent record of taking initiative, both individually and as a team member.
- Ability to understand how data drives technology and influences others while maintaining positive relationships.
- Must possess strong problem solving & project management skills
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail and time management skills
- Multi-task in a high energy, fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite - Sheets, Docs, Slides
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role in US: $90k-140K
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.