Real Estate and Facilities Manager
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
We are seeking experienced, innovative and hard nosed individual as the companies first Real Estate and Facilities Manager; a pivotal role reporting directly to the Director of Procurement. In this dynamic position, you'll spearhead various real estate initiatives as well as local team property escalations. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the entire facilities portfolio, expanding our vendor networks and partnerships and more. We're seeking a self-starter with a scrappy mindset, ideally experienced in facility management and real estate procurement. Your key responsibility will be expanding ZUM's property footprint and ensuring facility launches go off without a hitch. This position involves travel to multiple locations, particularly during the summer months to support our launch efforts and local staff.
- Assist in the search for new properties, conducting thorough assessments and cost analyses
- Evaluate assets and associated costs related to potential new properties
- Communicate and collaborate with external brokers, leveraging their expertise in real estate matters
- Stay informed about market trends and opportunities through broker relationships
- Create compelling property presentations as needed, showcasing key features and advantages
- Collaborate with supervisor to tailor presentations for different purposes, such as District meetings and pitches
- Thoroughly understand all property leases, ensuring compliance and adherence to lease terms
- Organize and maintain lease documents systematically for easy retrieval
- Collaborate with local teams to ensure seamless integration of new properties
- Travel to various facilities to assess their progress, status and actively contribute to launching new operations
- Foster and expand partnerships with facility vendors, ensuring a cost effective network
- Regularly evaluate vendor performance and with the support of the Director negotiate contracts to optimize services
- Address and resolve local facility issues promptly, including but not limited to lighting, bathrooms, trailers, fences and all other operational issues
- Collaborate with on-site teams to implement quick and effective solutions
- Extensive travel during summer months
- Property management and Real Estate experience required
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred; Five years (5) of experience in property management or real estate
- Successful experience working with internal and external stakeholders, including property management and real estate brokers
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, solid analytical skills and a consistent record of taking initiative, both individually and as a team member.
- Must possess strong problem solving & project management skills
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail and time management skills
- Multi-task in a high energy, fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite - Sheets, Docs, Slides
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role in US: $90k-140K
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.