Sr. Operations Financial Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance, Operations
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
- Serve as finance business partner to corporate operations management and field operations teams.
- Act as a trusted advisor to business leaders on cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with the broader finance and accounting teams to integrate pro forma and operational forecasts into the corporate budget/forecasting process.
- Liaison with HR/Benefits/Payroll/Data Sciences teams to produce meaningful operational reporting and defining/tracking operational KPIs.
- Provide analysis for operations’ financial data, enhancing efficiency by identifying and addressing challenges at the field operations level.
- Construct frameworks to evaluate and monitor efficiency and impact of compounding initiatives.
- Prepare materials for monthly business reviews with operational leaders, support board presentations with operational updates when needed.
- Deliver precise forecasts for fleet and equipment costs by aligning with operational managers.
- Assist in evaluating union rates and labor hours and provide findings for labor negotiations.
- Reconcile vendor invoices and suggest corresponding adjustments.
- Work closely with the payroll team and operations to ensure accurate recording of hours, wages, and benefits, reconciling weekly reports with the payroll team.
- Support operations team with launches of new business locations or products by delivering variable costing estimates for the above.
- Provide financial guidance to operations on matters involving revenue, cost, and profitability goals.
- Update operations’ policies and procedures as necessary.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- 5+ years experience in financial analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, or a related
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Advanced spreadsheet model building skills are essential, Microsoft Excel user (nested formulas, modeling, pivot tables, etc.), Google Suite: Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Docs and Slides
- Experience in operational finance analysis with multi-unit/location operators and unionized labor management strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects while meeting goals and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and curiosity to learn the student transportation operations and consistently improve processes
- 1+ year experience using Oracle NetSuite and NetSuite Planning & Budgeting /Hyperion/ Smartview preferred
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role in US CA is: $90k - 130k
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.