Head of Charter Operations
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
Head of Charter oversees Zum’s charter business unit and is the owner of the business P&L. He or she will develop revenue streams in new and existing customers by building relationships and being customer centric. This individual will work closely with the operations team as well the commercial development teams to win profitable business opportunities.
- Managing the development of qualified sales, acquisition bids and conversion targets
- Planning, evaluating, and leading the development of strategies and operational plans to ensure that the company is positioned to identify and respond to potential new business and revenue growth opportunities throughout the assigned region
- Identifying recurring issues, tracking trends, and leading the development of strategies to generate leads, secure referrals from current customers, address issues in order to enhance business development and profitable growth for the organization
- Managing the development of sustainable acquisition plans and business cases to maximize business and profit growth including identifying and creating a pool of potential sales opportunities and clients, collecting and analyzing competitive intelligence within specific communities, developing long-term acquisition plans/processes, and ensuring alignment with strategic business development directions
- Managing the development of bids and conversion plans to achieve business growth and maximize revenue opportunities including identifying customer trends and competitor positioning
- Leading the development of responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for bids/ conversions and the preparation of acquisition documents (e.g. Letters of Intent, Letters of Agreement, Contracts, etc.); ensuring they are accurately prepared and submitted within prescribed timeframes, facilitating the due diligence process and legal review, and responding to customer/seller inquiries
- Collaborating with the Financial Planning and Analysis Team in the development of bid models for the pricing of new business proposals and ensuring the validity of assumptions and accuracy of returns and cost structure
- Leading seller negotiations for successful acquisitions, managing associated due diligence activities, and facilitating execution of approved agreements and contracts within the financial parameters set forth by the company
- Developing communication strategies and working collaboratively with the internal operations teams to integrate new business plans (e.g. acquisitions, bids, and conversions) into ongoing program operations
- Providing business intelligence regarding new customers to facilitate a seamless transition into the company
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 7-10 years business development experience with a proven track record of closing deals, without being the low cost provider
- Experience with solution based, strategic sales and selling to C -level
- Excellent knowledge of contract administration principles/processes/best practices
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Experience presenting to large groups in a public setting
- Financial knowledge in the areas of profit and loss, budget management, bid models, pro forma, investment returns, etc.
- Detailed and organized with an understanding of Operations Management
- Proven experience in a senior management role, preferably as a General Manager (big plus)
- Experience managing project teams involved in multiple, concurrent projects; knowledge of project management practices and tools
- Proven expertise in working with stakeholders across organizational lines to foster collaborative relationships and partnerships
- Knowledge of information technology, enabling tools and technologies (e.g. CRM, Business Intelligence tools, Research tools, SalesForce.com, related tools), transportation-related software, and MS Office Suite Software
- Experience selling into school districts, and government entities selling large complex multi-year contracts, or similar industry would be ideal
- Travel requirements: 50%
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role in US is: $190-220k
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.