School Bus Driver Classroom Instructor
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
- Proactively recruit individuals to apply and train them to become School Bus Drivers
- Provide classroom instruction and behind the wheel training of applicants and bus drivers to ensure successful completion of training and testing; recommend upgrades as necessary
- Provide ongoing training and performance evaluations for all Driver employees
- Administer and maintain Company random drug/alcohol testing and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing program in conjunction with the corporate office
- Develop and conduct regularly scheduled Driver Safety Meetings
- Assume primary responsibility in responding to personal injury and vehicle accidents by on-scene investigation and preparing and submitting reports to the corporate office in accordance with Company policy.
- Investigate customer service complaints relative to safety issues and take appropriate corrective action.
- High school diploma or GED
- Commercial driving experience required
- Thorough knowledge of company regulations and state and laws relating to student transportation
- Appropriate vehicle class license, current medical and school bus driver’s credentials
- Ability to interface and communicate with all types of individuals
- Must be knowledgeable of adult training techniques
- Computer literacy, preferably in word processing and spreadsheets, and basic math skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, well developed written and verbal communication skills
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role in US is: $33/hr - $35/hr
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.