Team Lead Growth Data (all genders)
Babbel is the world’s first and most sold online language learning platform, driven by the purpose to create mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. Babbel’s team consists of 750 Babbelonians representing over 65 different nationalities working in Berlin and New York.
We are looking for a Team Lead - Growth Data (all genders) to start immediately as part of our Growth Department in Berlin. The Growth Department is made up of cross-functional teams across Product, Data, Design and Engineering, where you can make data-driven decisions and help teams uncover levers for acquisition and revenue growth.
- Lead a team of 3 recently hired Data Analysts who sit in Growth Product teams, including mentorship and thoughtful career development
- Work alongside peer leaders of Growth Product, Design and Engineering to deliver revenue impact at Babbel
- Craft a strategy to become a Data Led department, use it to inspire your direct reports and their colleagues
- Define Growth Data’s ways of working within the department
- Drive data mindset and fundamentals in Growth, become a reliable and responsive point of contact for Growth leadership and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the greater good of Data in Babbel’s Revenue Org., as well as across the entire company
- Organized and detail oriented, someone who cares deeply about documentation for the sake of accuracy and efficiency
- 7+ years of experience in a product/data analyst role or equivalent, preferably for a B2C tech company, with a proven track record of transforming data into actionable reporting solutions and insights
- 2+ years of managing product/data analysts
- Excellent experience designing and analyzing A/B tests
- An ability to enable people with data and insights and have a talent for communication and storytelling
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in Growth, towards Monetization and/or Product Led Growth KPIs
- Good understanding of statistics
- Practical experience in implementing tracking of user behavior
- You have supported decision making processes of senior management through data driven insights
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- 30 vacation days and flexible working hours
- BVG card or Swapfiets bike
- Jobbatical and Sabbatical options
- Many internal & external learning opportunities to choose from
- A yearly Learning & Development budget
- Visa and relocation assistance
- Full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes
- Modern office in the heart of buzzing Berlin equipped with a family, music, faith and nap rooms
- Various internal communities to be part of including the Femgineers, DEI Ambassadors, Accessibility & Disability Group and more
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns at the beginning of your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.