Senior/Principal Tax Specialist (all genders)
Babbel is the world’s first and most sold online language learning platform, driven by the purpose to create mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. Babbel’s team consists of 750 Babbelonians representing over 65 different nationalities working in Berlin and New York. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
We are looking for a Tax Specialist (all genders) for our Finance team in the heart of buzzing Berlin!
As Tax specialist you report directly to the Head of Accounting and Corporate Taxes. You will use your skills and experiences to drive and optimize our tax processes and to shape Babbel’s global tax strategy.
- Design the tax set-up of the Group in collaboration with the decision makers of the finance teams
- Make sure that the Group fulfills their legally required reporting and documentation requirements for VAT and corporate taxes at all time
- Provide professional, reasonable and well-informed advice to your colleagues in terms of taxation, especially to finance leads
- Take responsibility in internal projects, e.g., Internal Control Systems (ICS), M&A or IT system integrations
- A degree (Bachelor or Master) in Accounting, Finance, Tax, or equivalent, or a degree as tax consultant (DE “Steuerberater/in”)
- 3+ years of professional experience in a tax role, ideally in an audit firm (BigFour experience is a plus)
- Experience with SaaS (as a plus)
- The ability to use core accounting principles independently and self-assured
- Business fluency in German and English (verbally and in writing)
- The ability to transfer theoretical knowledge to our business needs
- The ambition to expand our knowledge of multinational tax and VAT laws
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- Enjoy 30 vacation days and the chance to take a 3-month Sabbatical. Plus family and life situation counseling.
- Decide how, when and from where you want to work with our flexible working hours and remote friendly options as Jobbatical (up to 3 months inside the EU) or work from our fully equipped office with nap, faith and family rooms.
- Learn and grow with the internal learning opportunities, and use a yearly learning & development budget for external training. Learn languages with Babbel for free with your full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes.
- Take advantage of your mobility benefits options and a discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- Be part of our employee communities (such as Femgineers, DE&I Ambassadors and LGBTQIA groups), attend cultural and regular social events.
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.