Accounting Operations Team Lead (all genders)
Babbel is the world’s first and most sold online language learning platform, driven by the purpose to create mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. Babbel’s team consists of 750 Babbelonians representing over 65 different nationalities working in Berlin and New York. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
We are looking for a Team-lead Accounting Operations (all genders) for our Finance team in the heart of buzzing Berlin!
You will lead our Accounting Operations team and be responsible for the Accounting areas of General Ledger, day-to-day Tax Accounting and Administration. You will report directly to the Head of Accounting and Corporate Taxes. This role requires the ability to manage a team and you contribute with your skills and experiences to the Accounting team goals.
- Lead and manage a team of four people
- Ensuring the timely recording of the business transactions and safeguard the preparation of timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual (group) financial reporting for your area of responsibility
- Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures, and controls to enhance financial reporting accuracy and efficiency
- Driving optimization, automation and digitization of our processes and tools
- A degree (Bachelor or Master) in Accounting, Finance, Tax, or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional experience and 1+ years of leadership experiences in a relevant accounting position. Ideally already experience with SaaS business.
- Very detailed knowledge of German accounting principles (HGB) and familiarity with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). US-GAAP experience is a plus.
- The ability to use core accounting principles independently and self-assured
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate and develop team members
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to interpret complex financial data
- Business fluency in German and English (verbally and in writing)
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- Enjoy 30 vacation days and the chance to take a 3-month Sabbatical. Plus family and life situation counseling.
- Decide how, when and from where you want to work with our flexible working hours and remote friendly options as Jobbatical (up to 3 months inside the EU) or work from our fully equipped office with nap, faith and family rooms.
- Learn and grow with the internal learning opportunities, and use a yearly learning & development budget for external training. Learn languages with Babbel for free with your full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes.
- Take advantage of your mobility benefits options and a discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- Be part of our employee communities (such as Femgineers, DE&I Ambassadors and LGBTQIA groups), attend cultural and regular social events.
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.