Business Controller (all genders)
Babbel is the world’s first and most sold online language learning platform, driven by the purpose to create mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. Babbel’s team consists of 750 Babbelonians representing over 65 different nationalities working in Berlin and New York. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
We are looking for a Business Controller for our Finance department in the heart of buzzing Berlin!
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of our company-wide reporting approach and define the dataflow in collaboration with our Analytics team
- You support/lead strategic and operational projects in regards to tool implementation and data integrity across all finance systems
- Continuously evaluate and adjust business processes to ensure a cohesive steering approach
- Take responsibility with finance team to ensure accuracy of our monthly, quarterly and yearly closings
- Proactively connect the dots and identify trends, risks, and opportunities to our business to support senior management
- Drive budget process and supervise an effective revenue and cost-steering system
- A degree (Bachelor/ Master) in Economics, Business Administration, or equivalent and
- 3-5 years of experience in the field
- Experience within SaaS businesses
- A proactive mindset when it comes to solution finding and delivering results in an efficient manner
- A hands-on mentality with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Analytically strong with the attention to detail and able to draw conclusions and insights from data
- An expert in Excel, BI Tools and planning software (i.e Jedox)
- Communicative and enjoy working internationally and cross-departmentally
- Keen to learn in a fast-paced multinational environment
- Fluent in English
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- Enjoy 30 vacation days and the chance to take a 3-month Sabbatical. Plus family and life situation counseling.
- Decide how, when and from where you want to work with our flexible working hours and remote friendly options as Jobbatical (up to 3 months inside the EU) or work from our fully equipped office with nap, faith and family rooms.
- Learn and grow with the internal learning opportunities, and use a yearly learning & development budget for external training. Learn languages with Babbel for free with your full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes.
- Take advantage of your mobility benefits options and a discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- Be part of our employee communities (such as Femgineers, DE&I Ambassadors and LGBTQIA groups), attend cultural and regular social events.
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.