Senior (Technical) Product Manager - Payments Platform(all genders)
Babbel is the world’s first and most sold online language learning platform, driven by the purpose to create mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. Babbel’s team consists of 750 Babbelonians representing over 65 different nationalities working in Berlin and New York.
We are looking for a Product Manager for our Payments Platform team in the heart of buzzing Berlin!
As a critical part of our team, you will be instrumental in defining strategic direction and roadmaps. Your expertise will guide us in deconstructing the complex task of revamping our next-gen ecommerce platform.
If you have a track record of successfully overseeing a payment system rewrite, we're especially excited to leverage your experience and insights..
- Co-lead in setting the product roadmap and strategic direction alongside the Engineering Manager.
- Collaborate effectively in an Agile environment to deliver high-impact results.
- Align team efforts with OKRs and manage the product backlog to optimize business and customer impact.
- Excel in stakeholder engagement and negotiation to balance feature demands and technical constraints.
- Cultivate an engaging team culture, introducing meaningful rituals that foster camaraderie and alignment.
- Act as a contact for resolution and management of payment legal issues, such as financial compliance, GDPR, vendor-stores and other regulations.
- Demonstrable experience as a Product Manager, preferably in the payments industry.
- Robust knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Proven success in managing product vision in line with OKRs.
- Skilled in stakeholder management, with an ability to maintain boundaries and manage expectations.
- Experience in managing platform engineering teams vis-a-vis stream-aligned feature teams.
- Ability to inspire and create a positive, fun team atmosphere.
- Prior experience in overseeing a payment system rewrite is a bonus.
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- Enjoy 30 vacation days and the chance to take a 3-month Sabbatical. Plus family and life situation counseling.
- Decide how, when and from where you want to work with our flexible working hours and remote friendly options as Jobbatical (up to 3 months inside the EU) or work from our fully equipped office with nap, faith and family rooms.
- Learn and grow with the internal learning opportunities, and use a yearly learning & development budget for external training. Learn languages with Babbel for free with your full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes.
- Take advantage of your mobility benefits options and a discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- Be part of our employee communities (such as Femgineers, DE&I Ambassadors and LGBTQIA groups), attend cultural and regular social events.
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.