Market Insights Team Lead (all genders)
Babbel is the world’s first and most sold online language learning platform, driven by the purpose to create mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. Babbel’s team consists of 750 Babbelonians representing over 65 different nationalities working in Berlin and New York. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
We are looking for a Head of Market Insights to join our Team in Berlin!
In your role as a Head of Market Insights, your mission will be to lead and develop an internal research team and external agencies on projects covering a wide range of subjects within the language learning space. Typical research projects include those designed to gain an understanding of language learners’ needs and motivations, brand health monitoring, advertising effectiveness and ad hoc projects that contribute to critical business decisions.
- Inspire, lead and develop a small team of in-house market researchers
- Design, implement and manage mid- to large-scale research projects (quantitative and qualitative) to inform business strategy
- Strengthen the team’s hard research skills and use of platforms like Qualtrics
- Identify business issues, design and execute research projects, and communicate results to stakeholders to inform business decisions
- Consolidate various data sources and perform comprehensive analyses to answer business questions
- Create and deliver actionable management presentations with clarity and succinctness
- Manage contracts and communication with external vendors and suppliers
- Own the Market Insights budget including planning and continuous review
- Inquisitive and analytical
- Communicative and collaborative
- Proactive and independent
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast-changing environments
- An inspiring and motivating leader
- Degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Econometrics, Statistics, or equivalent
- 5+ years of Market research experience
- Knowledgeable in qualitative and quantitative research methods, and analytical techniques like correlation analysis, linear regression, Max/Diff, etc.
- Expert-level experience with platforms like Qualtrics (preferred), Quantiope and Zappi including survey design, data analysis and creation of dashboards and reports
- Highly proficient use of tools like SQL, R, Python and SPSS
- Able to create succinct presentations with actionable recommendations
- Creative, solutions-oriented mindset with strong communication and organizational skills
- Have managed and developed employees including goal setting, giving feedback and assessing performance
- Excellent command of English (fluency in other languages like German, French or Italian a plus)
- Comprehensive understanding of the current research trends & technologies
Nice to have:
- Experience using SQL, SAS, Stata and Tableau
- Knowledge of competitive analysis tools, social listening tool, and other research tools
- Experience working with market research agencies
- Experience moderating focus groups and in-depth interviews
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- Enjoy 30 vacation days and the chance to take a 3-month Sabbatical. Plus family and life situation counseling.
- Decide how, when and from where you want to work with our flexible working hours and remote friendly options as Jobbatical (up to 3 months inside the EU) or work from our fully equipped office with nap, faith and family rooms.
- Learn and grow with the internal learning opportunities, and use a yearly learning & development budget for external training. Learn languages with Babbel for free with your full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes.
- Take advantage of your mobility benefits options and a discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- Be part of our employee communities (such as Femgineers, DE&I Ambassadors and LGBTQIA groups), attend cultural and regular social events.
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.