Senior P&O Business Partner - Revenue & Support Functions (all genders)
Babbel is the world’s first and most sold online language learning platform, driven by the purpose to create mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. Babbel’s team consists of 750 Babbelonians representing over 65 different nationalities working in Berlin and New York. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
We are looking for a Senior P&O Business Partner for our People & Organization team in the heart of buzzing Berlin!
As a Senior P&O Business Partner, you will partner closely with the Babbel teams, especially with our cross-functional Revenue area and Support Functions (P&O, Finance, Corporate Strategy, Legal) to drive P&O initiatives in line with our business objectives and the P&O OKRs and strategy.
- Act as a link and first point of contact between departments and People & Organization and pick up on culture and work-life related currents
- Lead and facilitate organizational changes, ensuring smooth transitions and employee buy-in that will ensure the delivery of our company strategy (e.g. team setup, organizational design)
- Build operational processes, identify development needs and drive the implementation together with all the teams in P&O and the business stakeholders
- Support teams and line managers in facilitation and moderation as well as workshops on different topics (e.g. feedback, leadership skills)
- Partner up with our Works Council on organizational topics in finding the best solutions for our employees
- Anticipate future staffing needs, identify talent gaps, and collaborate with Talent Acquisition for recruitment strategies
- Assist managers in setting goals, conducting performance reviews, and addressing performance concerns
- Advocate for and implement strategies to ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment
- 5 years experience in a P&O Business Partnering position
- Experience in working with Revenue and Sales and Finance teams and in managing different levels of stakeholders on different levels of complexity
- Experience in operating in a cross functional setup that mixes different skills and roles and being able to manage organizational design that ensures growth for people and for the organization
- Experience in working and partnering with a Works Council
- Proven generalistic knowledge of HR-related topics and processes combined with basic experience in change management and coaching
- Excellent interpersonal skills, empathy and team orientation, feedback orientation, assertiveness
- Long-term thinking that can be easily translated into immediate action
- Excellent problem solving skills and influencing skills
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- Enjoy 30 vacation days and the chance to take a 3-month Sabbatical. Plus family and life situation counseling.
- Decide how, when and from where you want to work with our flexible working hours and remote friendly options as Jobbatical (up to 3 months inside the EU) or work from our fully equipped office with nap, faith and family rooms.
- Learn and grow with the internal learning opportunities, and use a yearly learning & development budget for external training. Learn languages with Babbel for free with your full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes.
- Take advantage of your mobility benefits options and a discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- Be part of our employee communities (such as Femgineers, DE&I Ambassadors and LGBTQIA groups), attend cultural and regular social events.
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.