(Senior) MarTech Solutions Engineer (all genders)
Babbel is the world’s first and most sold online language learning platform, driven by the purpose to create mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. Babbel’s team consists of 750 Babbelonians representing over 65 different nationalities working in Berlin and New York. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
We are looking for a Technical/Technology Marketing Engineer (very similar to a Sales/Solutions Engineer role) to start immediately as part of our Marketing Tech Team in Berlin.
The mission of the MarTech team at Babbel is to maintain and improve the Babbel marketing tech stack, enable all marketing teams to integrate to partners solutions, launch, manage and optimize campaigns efficiently, while ensuring data fidelity & compliance and making the bridge across offices and departments to allow more streamlined communication and synergies.
- Be an active member of the cross-functional MarTech team, which is composed of an Engineer Manager, a Product Manager, some Backend and Fullstack Engineers and Technical Marketing Engineers.
- Work closely with Marketing teams, Marketing Partners/Publishers (and potentially future Data Analysts) on understanding the business/campaign needs, technical requirements from each partner in order to plan, monitor and improve integrations
- Serve as an interface between Marketing, Partners/Publishers and Software Engineers managing the tech infrastructure and implementing server-side integrations
- Actively own the tech implementations and configurations on client-side (Tag management systems like Google Tag Manager) and partner platforms (Adjust, Tealium, etc.)
- Support and educate Marketing teams on everything related to the marketing tech stack (e.g. Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Adjust, in-house tracking)
- Configure and validate tracking, in compliance with different data protection regulations (such as GDPR, CCPA, CNIL, LGPD etc).
- Contribute to report interpretation with your knowledge around tracking implementation to help find optimization opportunities (either tech implementation/configuration or on reporting/interpretation side).
- Define practices to enable automatization of workflows in collaboration with Marketing Managers and report issues, improvement or feature requests relevant for Marketing teams and/or Partners.
- Assist in implementation of new tracking tools and attribution models in Marketing, along with new processes mandated by data protection regulations.
- Optionally learn and contribute partially to server-side implementation / development, depending on your motivation, background and skills.
- 2+ years experience in developing tracking solutions and implementing them for both Websites and Apps, integrating services from third parties in multiple ways, including client side, server to server, APIs integrations, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of client-side and server-side tracking with Tag Management Systems (GTM and Tealium).
- 2+ years experience in a customer/partner-facing role within Marketing or Technical teams.
- Proficiency with analytics tools such as Google Analytics (legacy and version 4), Adjust, Adverity and/or similar technologies from other vendors.
- Experience in working with Consent & Privacy Management systems like OneTrust.
- A good understanding of Marketing and online user behaviour analysis.
- Analytical skills: you enjoy working with data and pay attention to details.
- Experience in troubleshooting campaigns performance and discrepancies across marketing clients’ and partners’ reports, and defining causes & technical solutions.
- Proficiency around HTTP, cookie and sessions management, and usage of all browser development tools (DOM manipulation, console, network, etc.).
- Strongly motivated to work and constantly learn around both Tech/Engineering but also Marketing fields.
- Innovative mindset and desire to continuously learn & improve in the fields of tracking, APIs and marketing automation, with the
- A great communicator and has a proactive approach to stakeholder management, motivated in having very regular interactions with multiple stakeholders (partners, marketing team members, engineers, etc.).
- A great project and time manager, able to deal with multiple stakeholders, integrations and contexts in parallel.
- You are fluent in English to navigate the international environment at Babbel.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience as a Technical Solution Engineer or similar role in an AdTech/MarTech company
- Previous experience as Backend / FullStack Software Engineer
- Previous experience as Data Analyst / Engineer or similar
- Knowledge of Event-driven architecture
- Knowledge of deeplink tracking
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- Enjoy 30 vacation days and the chance to take a 3-month Sabbatical. Plus family and life situation counseling.
- Decide how, when and from where you want to work with our flexible working hours and remote friendly options as Jobbatical (up to 3 months inside the EU) or work from our fully equipped office with nap, faith and family rooms.
- Learn and grow with the internal learning opportunities, and use a yearly learning & development budget for external training. Learn languages with Babbel for free with your full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes.
- Take advantage of your mobility benefits options and a discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- Be part of our employee communities (such as Femgineers, DE&I Ambassadors and LGBTQIA groups), attend cultural and regular social events.
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.