Principal Product Designer (all genders)
Babbel is the top-selling language learning platform globally. We are driven by our purpose of creating mutual understanding through language. Through the Babbel app, Babbel Live classes, Babbel podcasts, and Babbel for Business products, we provide learners with the most effective solutions, enabling them to communicate in real-life scenarios with real people.
The Babbel team is as diverse as our content. With headquarters in Berlin, Germany and our US office in New York, we're a team of 1,000+ people from over 80 different nationalities.
We are looking for a Principal Product Designer (all genders) to work across our core learning unit with cross functional and central teams on the next generation of language learning.
- Envision new product experiences based on data and insights
- Drive decision making around what methods and processes to use to get to the intended outcome quickly
- Build industry defining experiences for language learners
- Collaborate on product vision with other designers, as well as cross-functional teams
- Evolve the discipline at Babbel with your principal design peers
- Mentor other designers
- A designer who has shipped high quality digital product experiences
- A rapid prototyper with a systematic approach
- Data informed, and interested in balancing business outcomes with user centricity
- A fantastic team player with a people-focused mentality
- A great communicator who can express their thoughts well in English
- 5+ years product design experience in a consumer-focused, high-performing organization
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating problem-solving skills and superior attention to detail
- Experience with engaging behavioral interactions and motion design
- Expertise using industry-leading design and prototyping software
- Good prioritization and time-management skills
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- Enjoy 30 vacation days and the chance to take a 3-month Sabbatical. Plus family and life situation counseling.
- Decide how, when and from where you want to work with our flexible working hours and remote friendly options as Jobbatical (up to 3 months inside the EU) or work from our fully equipped office with nap, faith and family rooms.
- Learn and grow with the internal learning opportunities, and use a yearly learning & development budget for external training. Learn languages with Babbel for free with your full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes.
- Take advantage of your mobility benefits options and a discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- Be part of our employee communities (such as Femgineers, DE&I Ambassadors and LGBTQIA groups), attend cultural and regular social events.
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.