Head of Financial Systems and Automation (all genders)
Babbel is the top-selling language learning platform globally. We are driven by our purpose of creating mutual understanding through language. Through the Babbel app, Babbel Live classes, Babbel podcasts, and Babbel for Business products, we provide learners with the most effective solutions, enabling them to communicate in real-life scenarios with real people.
The Babbel team is as diverse as our content. With headquarters in Berlin, Germany and our US office in New York, we're a team of 1,000+ people from over 80 different nationalities.
For more information about Babbel and our language learning solutions, please visit www.babbel.com or download our app from the App Store or Play Store.
We are looking for a Head of Financial Systems and Automation for our Finance team in the heart of buzzing Berlin!
You report to the Director of Corporate Finance and will lead a team of dedicated and motivated individuals who are tasked with the implementation of new financial systems, the administration of these systems, offering technical support to the finance stakeholders and automate processes. You will initiate optimization projects, take ownership of projects and be one of the main stakeholders for external parties within this area. You have experience in leading teams as well as projects, while being interested in improving the status quo.
- Be leading a team of 5 great Babbelonians
- Take ownership of implementation and optimization projects, specifically the implementation of a new ERP system
- Assess the current financial processes and initiate optimization and automation opportunities within Order to Cash, Record to Report, Procure to Pay and Financial Planning and Analysis processes
- Be the main contact person for consultants assisting the projects
- Efficiently allocate team resources when performing projects and day to day activities simultaneously
- Create a scalable and sustainable financial systems landscape
- Already gained leadership experience over multiple years
- Experience in managing projects as well as expectations of stakeholders
- A strong understanding of Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, Record to Report and FP&A processes as well as relevant regulatory requirements
- Experience with Task Management Tool (e.g. Asana, Jira, Trello)
- A good understanding of ERP functionalities (preferably Workday)
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Someone who looks to improve the status quo
- Are reflective and can put yourself in the shoes of your key stakeholders
- Able to prioritize your own tasks as well as the tasks and resources of the team
- Comfortable in delegating with trust while assisting team members in improvement
- Are not shying away of responsibility and tackle things hands on when required
- An effective communicator towards the team, internal stakeholders and external parties
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- Enjoy 30 vacation days and the chance to take a 3-month Sabbatical. Plus family and life situation counseling.
- Decide how, when and from where you want to work with our flexible working hours and remote friendly options as Jobbatical (up to 3 months inside the EU) or work from our fully equipped office with nap, faith and family rooms.
- Learn and grow with the internal learning opportunities, and use a yearly learning & development budget for external training. Learn languages with Babbel for free with your full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes.
- Take advantage of your mobility benefits options and a discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- Be part of our employee communities (such as Femgineers, DE&I Ambassadors and LGBTQIA groups), attend cultural and regular social events.
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.