Customer Success Manager (Mid-Market)
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Evolution Equity Partners, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
Why Join SecurityScorecard’s Customer Success Team?
The SecurityScorecard Customer Success team is empowered by the company to help guide customers to get the most out of our great products and services. We define our Customer Success strategies, priorities and go-to-market techniques. We blaze new trails in cybersecurity thought leadership using our cybersecurity ratings and cybersecurity insights. We are a proactive CSM team that is customer centric, uses a team approach and represents the voice of the customer every day.
About The Role:
The Mid-Market Customer Success Manager will play an important role in helping our customers transform the way they assess security risk. The SecurityScorecard Customer Success team not only manages relationships and delights customers — they also understand our customers’ organizational goals and unique challenges to help them operationalize our platform and become more secure.
In this role, you'll work with a named book of business to help our customers achieve their desired business objectives and goals. This book of business consists of customers with less than 1B in annual company revenue, and you will be their trusted advisor to ensure their happiness and communicate the value of our product to drive deeper, more robust engagement. You will apply your understanding of cybersecurity, third-party risk, our products, our services, and best practices to proactively support and guide our customers.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Guide customers through the customer journey (onboarding, operationalization, upsell, renewal). Help customers to reach their business objectives and operational goals.
- Serve as a confident subject matter expert on the SecurityScorecard platform.
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Sales, and Sales Engineering to create a successful account plan for customers.
- Support fellow CSMs in solving new challenges for customers.
- Model world class customer care and be an advocate for the voice of the customer in product and services design and deployment. Synthesize our customers’ suggestions into feature enhancement requests.
- Tackle customer requests in real time and solve customer problems, providing accurate and timely information.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in at least one of the following: cybersecurity, third party risk, startups, customer success, and/or client management, as demonstrated through previous work experience, internships, and/or education
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment
- Interests in cybersecurity and in customer success
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize among competing tasks and achieve results quickly
- Demonstrated success developing customer relationships
- Desire to learn and to contribute to SecurityScorecard’s growth
- Deep customer empathy
- Strong abilities in project management and balancing critical delivery tasks
- Positive, problem-solving attitude
- Technical aptitude, judgment and critical decision making
- Consultative; ability and desire to drive value for customers based on unique needs
- Collaborative; partners across functions
- Intellectually curious; driven to expand cybersecurity domain and professional expertise
- Responsive and adaptive to changing situations
- Metrics driven; ability to translate customer needs into achievable goals and operate well in a data driven environment
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. #LI-DNI