Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
About the team
Be part of an exciting and growing Technology team focused on product development. Our team emphasizes collaboration and shared responsibilities, you will have hands-on involvement in the entire Software Development Life Cycle. We are implementing DevOps Principles in our CI/CD Pipeline. Our team is growing and so will you! Check out our tech stack below and let us know if you are our next star.
What you will do
We’re targeting a Full Stack Engineer who enjoys building commercial products and will play a key role in the delivery of highly reliable, scalable, and maintainable applications. You will drive projects end-to-end, collaborating on product definitions with Product Managers, Backend Developers, and UX designers, implementing technical solutions, and ensuring continued success even after deployment. You’ll strive for simplicity while bringing technical insights into refining and improving the system, ultimately ensuring performance, stability, and an exceptional end-user experience.
- Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle: from design and development to deployment and maintenance.
- Apply clean code principles using accepted best practices for creating straightforward, secure, testable, and well-documented software.
- Collaborate closely with a global team, including engineers, product managers, and UX designers. Build a reliable framework with comprehensive testing of features and performance tuning to ensure platform stability both in terms of uptime as well as performance.
- When involved in a project: help translating requirements, estimating, solving or escalating blockers/points worth of discussion.
- Have ownership of entire projects, being able to understand and answer questions involving all of its aspects (infrastructure, back-end and front-end).
- Deliver code that encourages the team in terms of best practices, readability, design patterns, reusability and testing.
- When shipping and maintaining: monitor data to escalate if anything needs to be refactored or improved.
- Typescript, React, Redux + Saga, Jest.
- Docker, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS, Datadog.
What we’d like to see, technically:
- You consider yourself Fullstack and are confident in being involved in both back-end and front-end software development.
- 5+ years of experience on a development team deploying agile methodologies, collaborating with technologists, creatives, and product owners.
- Advanced capability using NodeJS and its ecosystem.
- Advanced experience building and extending REST APIs.
- Experience using PostgreSQL (or a similar relational database).
- Calls for and leads code reviews.
- Uses DRY and YAGNI principles in code design.
- Can document and create tests based on high-level acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrable experience building modern web interfaces and improving the user experience.
- Experience using modern and functional programming styles.
- Familiarity with source control management best practices.
What we’d like to see on communication and team collaboration:
- Adheres to organization-wide standards and writes documentation.
- Able to present and defend your technical point of view.
- Can estimate project complexity based on early project documentation and conversations.
- Can clearly articulate technical problems and solutions in written and verbal communication.
- Active participation in team reviews, design reviews and code reviews
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, Health benefits, and unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. #LI-DNI