Staff Data Engineer
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
About the Team
As a part of the Attribution team you will design and implement systems for ingesting, transforming, storing, and delivering data from a wide range of sources at scale (many billions of records per day), to enable us to associate domains, networks and IPs to companies on a continuous basis.
What You Will Do
- The ideal candidate would be someone who has significant experience building, refactoring and maintaining complex data pipelines using the latest technologies. We are in the process of reengineering our existing pipelines to improve performance, eliminate batch processes, and increase the sophistication of our machine learning models.
- To be successful long term, you’ll need to have or rapidly develop domain expertise regarding how the internet works. The Attribution team is our reservoir of domain knowledge regarding DNS, WHOIS, routing, etc. and you will work in close collaboration with the Data Science and Threat Intelligence teams to build effective algorithms and models that scale.
- Make recommendations regarding technologies, improvements to data models, and processes taking into account, cost, complexity, and performance.
- Automate the infrastructure supporting the data pipeline as code and deployments by improving CI/CD pipelines. Monitor, troubleshoot, and improve the data platform to maintain stability and optimal performance.
- Diplomatically partnering with engineering, product, and data teams to innovate and enable business critical applications, tools, and data intelligence at scale.
- Collaborating with product managers, developers, and data engineers to empower and evolve the culture of data driven decision making.
- Designing, developing, and improving self-service user experience and tools.
- Experience working on and/or a demonstrable understanding of messaging/queuing systems or stream processing systems.
- A strong understanding and experience with topics related to platform scale, security, availability, deployment and operation
- 3-5 years of experience designing, building, or supporting high performance distributed systems.
- 5+ years of experience building software in preferably Scala or Java.
- Solid understanding in designing and building web-based APIs
- 3+ years of experience working with tools supporting streaming pipelines using Kafka, Akka (plus), Spark Streaming (plus).
- Working knowledge of the Go programming language (plus).
- Experience writing unit tests, performing code reviews, and leading/participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, and business logic.
Specific to each country, we offer a competitive salary, stock options, Health benefits, and unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. #LI-DNI