Field Sales Director, Federal
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Evolution Equity Partners, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
About the team
SecurityScorecard, a game changing leader in Cybersecurity with a mission of making the word a safer place by transforming the way agencies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their constituents, is hiring a Field Sales Director, Federal who will be responsible for identifying, developing, and closing new business w/ U.S. Federal Agencies. This is a career changing opportunity, a pivotal role in driving our company’s expansion in the U.S. Public Sector with lots of visibility.
What you will do
- Develop and execute account strategies/ business plans that align SSC use case solutions to Federal Agency initiatives, which result in qualified opportunity
- Develop GTM demand creation strategies for the respective Federal Territory with other cross functional resources within SSC to align customer interest, adoption and retention.
- Qualify and understand target prospects security priorities and provide compelling, differentiated association to SSC offerings.
- Establish relevance with key agency economic buyers and technical decision makers, typically at the CIO, CISO and CAO level
- Leverage agency knowledge and market intelligence to drive actions that generate sales outcomes.
- Exceed pipeline creation targets, booking targets and revenue quota targets
- Track, forecast, coordinate and report on sales opportunities
- Establish and manage true business partnerships with key channel partners such as Resellers and MSSP’s, focused on customer success
- Coordinate local strategic marketing activities tied to the business's goals w/ clear ROI
- Have strong problem resolution skills which enable you to proactively identify a potential issue, escalate a suggested resolution and collaborate to resolve the issue in conjunction with the SSC PS team
- Have strong presentation skills and be able to present SSC value proposition succinctly one on one and one to many independently
- Manage region like your own business while working strategically as a teammate with your peers and partners
- Project professionalism and dedication to customer and partner success
- Accurately forecast and capture details in internal systems and reporting
- Operate with the highest ethical standards
- Reside in Greater Baltimore /Washington, D.C Metro Area
- Existing U.S. government clearance and or clear indication of eligibility for U.S. government clearance
- 7+ years of sales experience selling software security solutions to Federal Civilian agencies, aligning to U.S. Federal Cyber mission imperatives
- Demonstrated history of exceeding pipeline, booking and revenue targets
- Proven experience developing relationships with senior executives
- Demonstrated track record of selling Cloud Cybersecurity SaaS solutions to U.S. Federal government.
- Understand Cyber Service Provider SaaS solution delivery to U.S. Government
- Knowledge of FedRAMP CSP program and associated controls and data governance
- Demonstrable success communicating Cyber value proposition to Government CXO’s in a manner reflective of the target prospects KPI’s and compliance drivers
- Experience within federal civilian programs w/past success capturing large Cyber wins through these programs
- Expertise in executing a evangelical sales motion at a startup
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.