Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
About the team:
Be part of an exciting and growing Technology team focused on growing an awesome product through a number of cybersecurity tools that include security monitoring and ratings. Our team emphasis is collaboration and shared responsibilities, you will be hands-on involved in the entire Software Development Life Cycle. Our team is growing and so will you! Check out our tech stack below.
What you will do:
We’re targeting a Staff Software Engineer who enjoys building commercial products and will play a key role in the delivery of highly reliable, scalable, and maintainable applications. You will drive projects end-to-end, collaborating on product definitions with Product Managers, Developers and UX designers, implementing technical solutions, and ensuring continued success even after deployment through monitoring and access to customer feature requests. You’ll strive for simplicity, while bringing technical insights into how to refine and improve the system, ultimately ensuring performance, stability, and an exceptional end user experience.
- Design, develop and test new features for SecurityScorecard’s platform.
- Maintain and extend existing public facing REST APIs.
- Collaborate closely with global team, including engineers, product managers and UX designers.
- Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle: from design and development, to deployment and maintenance.
- Build a reliable software with comprehensive testing of features and performance tuning to ensure platform stability both in terms of uptime as well as performance.
- Brings distinguished expertise in automation in QA and delivery process/reliability.
- NodeJS, Typescript, React, Redux + Saga, Jest.
- Docker, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS, Datadog.
What we’d like to see, technically:
- You consider yourself Fullstack and have appreciation for being involved in both back-end and front-end parts of software development in a solid manner.
- 8+ years of experience on a development team deploying agile methodologies, collaborating with technologists, creatives, and product owners.
- Built large scale projects from scratch, supported its launch and monitored it afterwards for availability and growth.
- Experience with NodeJS,and PostgreSQL
- Experience working with any of the following are all a plus: AWS, Docker, Terraform, Kafka.
- A deep understanding of associated computer science fundamentals: object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- The ability to present the architectural design of a system to project team members and other stakeholders in clear, simple terms.
- Calls for and leads code reviews.
- Uses DRY and YAGNI principles in code design.
- Can document tests based on high-level acceptance criteria.
- Can automate processes as needed.
- Can set up a deployment pipeline.
- Works across the organization to help improve all CD practices and evangelizes standards.
What we’d like to see on communication and team collaboration:
- Experience actively mentoring junior team members.
- A strong appreciation for design and user experience.
- Establishes standards across projects and writes documentation.
- Owns presentations and can write them independently.
- Can estimate project complexity based on early project documentation and conversations.
- Feels comfortable representing their discipline in higher-level project conversations.
- Can provide constructive feedback to leadership on more junior members of their discipline.
- Can clearly articulate technical problems and solutions in written and verbal communication.
- Understands cross-functional issues and is able to effectively communicate with other departments.
Specific to each country, we offer a competitive salary, stock options, Health benefits, and unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. #LI-DNI