Senior UX Designer
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
About the role
SecurityScorecard is seeking an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our global team. You will take the lead on designing clear and engaging end-to-end experiences that help our customers understand and improve their cyber security posture. As a member of a cross-functional product team trio, you will be working closely with product managers and engineers—as well as customer-facing team members. You will take a customer-first approach to your work and make evidence-based decisions based on customer needs and feedback.
- Collaborating with product and engineering teams to design innovative cyber security features that are easily adopted and add value to our customers
- Breaking down complex problems into user journeys, information architecture, and prototypes
- Leveraging behavioral principles to design experiences that are clear, approachable and engaging
- Conducting and analyzing user research and market trends to inform decisions and optimize for value and usability
- Ownership of the end-to-end experience, even when it extends beyond the responsibilities of your immediate product team
- Giving and receiving feedback gracefully
- Sharing work frequently with the design and product teams, and beyond
- Bachelors in HCI, Interaction Design or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Product Design experience
- Data visualization experience including dashboards, analytics, and reporting preferred
- Proven track record of solving hard problems and working on technical products
- In-depth knowledge of user experience, interaction design, and visual design
- Expertise in user research
- A portfolio of work demonstrating product design capabilities.
Specific to each country, we offer a competitive salary, stock options, Health benefits, and unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
The estimated salary range for this position is $140,000 - $180,000. Actual compensation for the position is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to affordability, skills, qualifications and experience, and may vary from the range. In addition to base salary, employees may also be eligible for annual performance-based incentive compensation awards and equity, among other company benefits.
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.