Field Sales Director, Enterprise (Spain/Iberia)
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
About The Team:
You'll be a part of a top performing sales team that thrives under pressure. Although each person on the team is an individual contributor with an individual goal, everyone shares best practice and looks to help one another. Everyone also has a shared company goal in mind. The team thrives on being independence, but is extremely coachable and open to feedback on how to improve. The team is has a mixture of sales veterans and rising enterprise sales stars. The team enjoys to be around one another and works well together. The team will fully embrace and support you to help with your success at the company.
What You Will Do:
We are hiring a seasoned sales leader to grow business in Spain and the surrounding Iberian region. In this role, you will prospect and engage with senior decision makers in Information Security & Risk teams within large enterprise organizations. As a Field Sales Director you will call on accounts at senior levels, have excellent personal relationships in Security & Risk functions, and engage collaboratively with our prospects and customers to present the value of the SecurityScorecard solution. You will report to our Area Director, Iberia & Latam.
The position involves both phone/web and frequent face to face value selling, and is approximately 30-40% travel oriented, in a non COVID environment. When not onsite at a customer, you will be based locally within your assigned region.
This position is an opportunity for you to join a growing team and help expand our business and customer footprint.
- Authentic: Does the right thing and does not oversell themselves or the customer, uses a consultative selling approach that promotes honesty and puts the customer first and solves their needs not his/her own.
- Active Listener: Are completely present and engaged when they talk to prospects creating deeper and more meaningful conversations that build strong relationships and unlock more information..
- Hard Worker: “A” players continue to cold call and prospect, a BDR just scales them. They are still working on the last day of the quarter, still contacting customers and setting meetings even though they hit their number, this ensures the next quarter is just as good as the last
- Proactive: Are they on top of it? Organization and an ability to lean-in can be hard to find. These traits indicate a sales person who can rectify a deal when it goes south and work independently. They show evidence of prior research (reviewing a website, try to understand the product, read a 10K), they follow up an interview and a sales call. They preempt issues. This is great relationship management that builds trust.
- Inquisitive: The successful are naturally curious, use open ended questions, seek to learn about different parts of the business or subject and can synthesize responses to articulate a strategy or solution on the fly.
- Ethical: Act in the best interest of the company with transparency.
Traits and Skills:
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Enthusiastic and energetic in nature, can lead a room
- Empathetic, can read a room
- Competitive by nature
- “Hate to lose” over “love to win” and know the difference between the two
- Can detail fundamental sales concepts of account planning
- Understand and use channel effectively
- Have adopted a sales process and qualification methodology
- Metric driven, can understand pipeline, deal sizing, targets and know them
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise software sales with a focus on hunter roles and new customer acquisition & pipeline growth
- 5+ years of experience working in the cyber security sales space
- Outstanding track record of success managing enterprise accounts and opportunities to closure, consistent over-attainment of quotas of $1M annual recurring revenue
- Strong network of established relationships with key industry contacts in the assigned territory
- Previous cybersecurity experience (Ideal but not mandatory)
- Proven track record of quota retirement in excess of 95% of target
- Understands record keeping, sales process, sales methodologies (MEDDIC, etc)
- Driven and competitive
- Experienced seller, understand process, methodology, how to win
Specific to each country, we offer a competitive salary, stock options, Health benefits, and unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.